Sunday, April 26, 2020

God’s Frustration

Scripture:

“Yet you have forsaken Me and served other gods. Therefore I will deliver you no more. “Go and cry out to the gods which you have chosen; let them deliver you in your time of distress.””
‭‭Judges‬ ‭10:13-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Israel continually would go after the gods of the nations surrounding them, then when they were in big trouble and were being destroyed by those nations, they would cry out to God for help.  In this case, God told them to go cry to the other gods they had forsaken Him to serve and let them bring deliverance.  It’s like a teenager who wants nothing to do with their parents and is a big problem for them because of their behavior, then when problems come from their behavior they want the parents to rescue them.

Application:

We never want to be in a relationship with God where we are in this position.  We should never put our trust in anything or anyone but Him.  We can’t go do our own thing, then when it doesn’t go right, turn to Him.  He wants us to serve Him continually and not just when we are in trouble.  We must put our trust in Him alone and never lean on our own understanding.  Then when we call, the relationship doesn’t need restored before the help can come.

Prayer:

Father, help me to always look to You as my source and my resource.  You are my strength and my defense.  You are the one who gives me the victory.  Help me not to trust in horses, chariots, computers, jobs, or anything that could take my eyes off of You.  You are incredible and I want to serve You well in my generation.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment