Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Ask God

Scripture:

“Then the men of Israel took some of their provisions; but they did not ask counsel of the LORD.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭9:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The Gibeonites had tricked the Israelites into making a covenant with them by saying they were from far away.  They knew that God had promised Moses all the land they lived in so they told the Israelites they had come from far away.  They made a covenant, then realized they were not from far away, but lived in the area God had promised Israel.  They were tricked into doing something they never would have done because they did not ask counsel of the LORD.

Application:

We should not enter into any covenant, agreement, or anything else without seeking the counsel of the LORD.  We mess up when we do things in our own wisdom and our own understanding.  We must learn to ask God concerning every decision we make in our lives.  I need to hear the word of the Lord for my life and the ministry I lead.  I want to make God decisions and not settle for good decisions.  I don’t want to be deceived into doing something because it seems right, but I want to do what God wants me to do.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to ask Your counsel instead of trusting my own decisions.  Help me to follow You exactly in my life.  I trust You over feelings, thoughts, rationale, or my own mind.  Help me not to be led astray by things that look good, but are not of You.  I want to walk in step with You continually.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment