Sunday, April 19, 2020

None of These Things Move Me

Scripture:

“And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:22-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells his people that he was going to Jerusalem and didn’t know what would happen there, except that there were a lot of prophetic words saying chains and tribulations awaited him there.  He continued and said that none of these things moved him and that he didn’t count his life as dear because he wanted to finish his race and the ministry God had given him.  Paul wasn’t moved by persecution and problems.

Application:

I want to live like Paul did.  He didn’t count life as something to be held onto, but fulfilling God’s plan and purposes was the primary importance to him.  He didn’t care about being liked or honored, but about doing what God wanted.  I don’t want to be moved by anything but the Holy Spirit in my life.  I want to complete my assignments.

Prayer:

Father, helped me not to be moved except by You.  Teach me to live by faith and not by fear.  Let me live in obedience to You and not operate out of self preservation or self protection.  Help me to finish this race being able to say, “none of these things move me.”

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment