Saturday, April 25, 2020

Give God the Glory

Scripture:

“And the LORD said to Gideon, “The people who are with you are too many for Me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel claim glory for itself against Me, saying, ‘My own hand has saved me.’”
‭‭Judges‬ ‭7:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God took Gideon’s army and limited it to 300 men going against a vast army of Midianites.  God’s reason, “Lest Israel claim glory for itself against Me, saying, ‘My own hand has saved me.’”  God will sometimes make situations seem impossible so that we understand that we can’t possibly win.  Then He will get all the glory and we will know it was only Him that was able to help us.

Application:

God has told us that He will work everything out for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.  We know He will work out our difficulties, but we generally get overwhelmed at all the negative things that could happen.  We must learn to stand on God’s word and  give Him glory.  Victory will come quicker when God knows He will get the glory.  Sometimes we need to realize that early, before the situation gets out of control.

Prayer:

Father, let me truly believe that all things will work together for good for me because I love you and am called according to Your purposes.  Help me not to lean on the arm of the flesh for my victories, but to lean on You more and more.  Teach me to give You the glory in all things.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment