Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Revealer of Secrets

Scripture:

“Daniel replied, “There are no wise men, enchanters, magicians, or fortune-tellers who can reveal the king’s secret. But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and he has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in the future. Now I will tell you your dream and the visions you saw as you lay on your bed.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭2:27-28‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Nebuchadnezzar had a dream and wanted his magicians to tell him his dream and its interpretation.  Of course they couldn’t, but Daniel asked permission to seek God.  When he and his friends sought the Lord, he was shown the dream and the interpretation.  God used this to promote Daniel and his friends in the kingdom.  In daniel’s reply to the king he said there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets.

Application:

God knows all and we have access to Him, the source of all wisdom, guidance, and revelation.  There is no secret He doesn’t know.  There is no situation He doesn’t know how to handle.  There is nothing above Him and He has given Himself to those who love Him.  I want the revealer of secrets to speak to me and show me things I could know no other way.  I want to see into the spiritual world more clear.

Prayer:

Father, You know all.  There is no secret or dream that You do not know about.  There are no plans You have not heard already.  I want to walk close to You and understand spiritual things at a higher level.  I want to know the revealer of secrets.  Show me things to come.  Teach me to hear You more and more accurately.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment