Monday, November 19, 2018

Advertise It

Scripture:

“If you consider yourself to be wise and one who understands the ways of God, advertise it with a beautiful, fruitful life guided by wisdom’s gentleness. Never brag or boast about what you’ve done and you’ll prove that you’re truly wise.”
‭‭James (Jacob)‬ ‭3:13‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

James says here that if we consider ourselves wise and understanding, we should advertise it with a beautiful, fruitful life guided by wisdom’s gentleness.  Our lives are like placards for God.  We live them out as an advertisement of who God is.

Application:

I want to advertise well for the Lord.  Therefore, I need to live a beautiful and fruitful life guided by gentleness.  I need to work more at being fruitful instead of just busy.  I’ve been learning a lot about fruitfulness as opposed to busyness lately.  I want to be fruitful and advertise well for Jesus.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be a great advertisement for You.  Let my life bring Your praise and let me honor You in every way.  Open wisdom’s treasuries to me and let me live with the wise.  I am Your and want my life to advertise for You well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment