Saturday, November 10, 2018

God Fights for his People

Scripture:

““This is what the Sovereign Lord says: The people of Philistia have acted against Judah out of bitter revenge and long-standing contempt. Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will raise my fist of judgment against the land of the Philistines. I will wipe out the Kerethites and utterly destroy the people who live by the sea.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭25:15-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel gets a word from the Lord about Philistia.  He hears the Lord speak about how Philistia acted out of revenge and contempt again Judah.  Because of this, the Lord says, “I will raise my fist of judgment” against them.  Even when God is judging His own people, He will rise up against those who act against them.

Application:

Vengeance belongs to the Lord.  He will take revenge on those who are against His people.  He loves us and will protect us.  His anger will be stirred up when He sees His people taken advantage of or hurt.  He is a loving father.  He can discipline His children all He wants, but nobody else better without His permission.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty,  You see everything.  You see every time Your people are mistreated.  You hear every word spoken against us.  You will react against those tho try to tear us down or destroy us.  Help me to trust Your love more and more.  Help me to never seek revenge on those who hurt me, but to trust that You always look after Your people.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment