Thursday, November 15, 2018

No Shame for God’s People

Scripture:

““In this way, I will make known my holy name among my people of Israel. I will not let anyone bring shame on it. And the nations, too, will know that I am the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭39:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel was prophesying the destruction of the nations who had done Israel wrong.  He declares their utter destruction.  Then he says, “In this way, I will make known my holy name among my people of Israel.  I will not let anyone bring shame on it”.  God doesn’t want shame brought on His holy name.

Application:

God defends His people who are called bu His name.  He will not allow His name to be shamed anywhere.  He will defend those who are His so that His name can be exalted in the nations.  We need to walk in confidence that God will take care of us as His people.  He will do this for His own reputation.  Some things that happen in our lives have nothing to do with us, but with God’s reputation.  He won’t allow us to be shamed.

Prayer:

Father, as I read Ezekiel I see how hard You have been in the past against those who walked away from You or who didn’t serve You.  You were harsh on those who opppressed Your people.  Be my defender today.  Fight for my case and allow no shame in my life.  Make Yourself look good in and through my life.   I want to serve You well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment