Friday, November 30, 2018

Honoring God

Scripture:

“For my people are determined to desert me. They call me the Most High, but they don’t truly honor me.”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭11:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here through Hosea to Israel and He says that His people are determined to desert Him.  Israel continually walked away from God and began worshiping other gods.  The Lord told them, “You call me the Most High, but they don’t truly honor me”.  God wants to be honored, not in word, but in deed.

Application:

When we say we are going to serve God, we need to mean what we are saying.  God wants us to honor Him with our lives.  We need to live lives that bring honor to the Lord.  When we do, then we can expect His blessings in our lives.  He honors those who honor Him.  My life should not just praise the Lord with my lips, but truly honor God with all my heart.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring Your not only verbal praise, but true honor.  Teach me what it is to honor You completely.  Show me how I can serve You better and bring You honor.  Help me to live a life that will never bring You dishonor.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment