Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Give God the Glory

Scripture:

Ezekiel 16:14-15  "Your fame soon spread throughout the world because of your beauty.  I dressed you in my splendor and perfected your beauty, says the Sovereign Lord.  But you thought your fame and beauty were your own.  So you gave yourself as a prostitute to every man who came along.  Your beauty was theirs for the asking."

Observation:

God was speaking of Israel to Ezekiel and says how He made her beautiful and dressed her in perfect beauty.  He said that her fame spread everywhere, but that she thought her beauty was her own.  Therefore she prostituted herself instead of remaining with the one who made her beautiful.

Application:

When God gives gifts and talents, they are not our own.  They belong to Him and are for His purposes.  When God gives us fame and blessing, it is not ours, but His.  We cannot take credit that doesn't belong to us.  When the day of God's blessing comes, I must give all glory to the Lord because He is the giver of every good and perfect gift.

Prayer:

Father, never let me think I can do things on my own.  I want Your name to be glorified in and through my life.  Help me to lift up Your name and make Your name famous in all the earth.  Teach me to walk humbly before You all the days of my life.  I want to finish well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment