Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Loving God’s People

Scripture:

“Since each of you are part of God’s family never complain or grumble about each other so that judgment will not come on you, for the true Judge is near and very ready to appear!”
‭‭James (Jacob)‬ ‭5:9‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

James here tells the believers that since they are part of God’s family, they shouldn’t complain or grumble about each other because the true judge is coming.  James tells us not to allow bitterness, anger, unforgiveness, etc. into our hearts toward other believers.

Application:

It is very apparent from Scripture that judging others, criticizing others, and putting others down is something God does not approve of.  When I think about this I hear the Lord saying, “Love what I love and hate what I hate”.  God loves his people and hates sin and the things of this world.  We are to love what God loves.  If we love people, we can’t be complaining and grumbling about them.  Rather, we should be looking for ways to be a blessing to them.

Prayer:

Father, Help me to walk this walk through life as one who hears Your voice and follows closely.  Help me to love what You love and hate what You hate.  I am Yours and want to serve You well the rest of my days on earth.  Teach me to walk as Christ walked each day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment