Tuesday, November 13, 2018

God’s Desire for the Wicked

Scripture:

“As surely as I live, says the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die?”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭33:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God tells Ezekiel that He doesn’t take any pleasure in the death of wicked people, but wants them to turn from their ways so they can live.  His desire isn’t to punish people, but that they would hear the threat and turn away from their sin so He can bless them.

Application:

We must realize that God doesn’t delight in punishing people.  He is a good God and worthy of praise and worship.  His desire, even for His enemies, is that they would return to Him and worship Him, then He would bless them.  God never rejects us when we run to Him.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to turn when I need to turn.  Convict me of things that are drawing me away from You.  I want to live in the glory of Your presence.  I want to know You more and more intimately.  Help me to continually pursue You above all else.  Help me to represent You well on the earth.

Your Servant,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment