Thursday, November 8, 2018

Personal Responsibility

Scripture:

Ezekiel 18:20  The person who sins us the one who will die.  The child will not be punished for the parent's sins, and the parent will not be punished for the child's sins.  Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness."

Observation:

Ezekiel was told to give this message to the people of Israel.  It basically says that each person will take personal responsibility for their relationship with the Lord and how they live their lives.  The parents won't pay for the sins of their children and the children won't pay for the sins of their parents.

Application:

When you raise a child to serve God, and they walk away, they are responsible for their choices, not the parents.  Each individual will stand before God for how they live their lives.  We are not responsible for others except for the fact that we need to tell them.  What they do with our words, they will be accountable for.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust you with my son who is away from you.  Help me to realize that I have done my job and that he is in Your hands.  Turn his heart to You Lord.  Draw him to Yourself.  Help me not to feel guilt or condemnation because of his choices.  Teach me to walk in freedom from this and to be confident that I have done my best to show and teach him truth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment