Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Like Birds From a Cage

Scripture:

Ezekiel 13:20 "This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against all your magic charms, which you use to ensnare my people like birds.  I will tear them from your arms, setting my people free like birds set free from a cage."

Observation:

The Lord speaks here through Ezekiel about people being in bondage because of lying prophets and prophets who were not speaking the true word of the Lord.  The Lord had had enough and He said He was coming to set His people free like birds from a cage.  When God's people are in bondage, whether to sin or slavery, or false prophets, He always gets to a place where He determines He will come down and set them free.

Application:

God is a deliverer!  He loves to deliver His people from wrong teaching, wrong living and wrong worship.  When God sees His people wanting to worship Him, but being led astray, He will come down and deliver them.  He will set them free like birds from a cage.  We need to be more like the Lord who came to set the captives free.  Deliverance is always in God's heart and should always be in my heart.

Prayer:

Father, when things are not right and your people are in bondage, let me be used to deliver them.  Help me to walk with You and know Your thoughts and desires.  I want to bring deliverance to those in bondage.  I want to see people set free like birds from a cage.  Let my life bring deliverance to many.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment