Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A New Spirit

Scripture:

“And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:26-27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here to Israel and Judah, telling them that they will be brought back home and that they would serve Him again in the future.  He tells them that He will give them a a new heart and a new spirit.  He says He will give them a tender, responsive heart.  He closes by saying He will put His Spirit in them so they could follow His decrees.

Application:

We can’t do what God wants us to do without His Spirit.  It is His Spirit that causes us to live right.  It is His Spirit that enables us to live the way He wants us to.  It is His Spirit that helps us in our weaknesses.  We need God’s Spirit in our lives to the fullest capacity.  I want more of the Spirit of God in my life so I can fulfill all God wants me to do.

Prayer:

Fill me to overflowing Holy Spirit.  Let my heart be right with You at all times.  Help me to follow all You put into my heart and let me live under Your influence and control.  Teach me to hear Your voice and to see what You are doing at all times.  Baptize me afresh with Your Spirit.  Fill me up God.  I want more of You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment