Thursday, June 1, 2017

Serious About Pleasing God

Scripture:

I Kings 15:13  "He also removed Maacah his mother from being queen mother because she had made an abominable image for Asherah.  And Asa cut down her image and burned it at the brook Kidron".

Observation:

King Asa was serious about his relationship with God and doing the will of God.  Men are called upon to honor their mother and father in God's word.  Asa knew he had to choose between obeying God and honoring his mother.  He choose to honor God and have his own mother removed along with all her images she had put up.

Application:

There are times when God calls us to take serious steps for Him.  Jesus said in order to follow Him we needed to hate father and mother.  He didn't mean hate like we would hate someone.  Instead He meant to love them less than loving Christ, which at times will seem like hate.  We must choose Christ over every other earthly relationship.

Prayer:

Father, help me to choose You first, above all else.  Help me to fulfill Your will with my life.  I want to serve You well and to finish the course You have laid out for me.  Strengthen me and enable me to serve You well all the days of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment