Saturday, June 17, 2017

Keepers of the Entrance

Scripture:

I Chronicles 9:19  "the Korahites, were in charge of the work of the service, keepers of the tent, as their fathers had been in charge of the camp of the Lord, keepers of the entrance."

Observation:

In the midst of several chapters of genealogies, we see a group of people with a unique calling.  The Korahites were in charge of the camp of the Lord.  They were called the "keepers of the entrance".  They kept and guarded the way to the presence of the Lord.

Application:

When I read these words this morning, the Lord spoke to my heart about being a keeper of the entrance.  Our job as Christians is to be keepers of the entrance to the Lord.  There are people all around us that need to be brought into the Kingdom and we are keepers of the entrance.  We must help them get through the gates and into the presence of the Lord.  People will either enter or not enter because we keep the gates and the keys.  We must help open the gates for people into the Kingdom of God by sharing His love with them.

Prayer:

Father, make me a better keeper of the gate.  Let multitudes enter heaven because of my life.  Let me keep the gate well.  Send people to me so I can help them to the entrance.  Help me to see people waiting at the entrance and bring them in.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment