Saturday, June 10, 2017

When We Call on God

Scripture:

II Kings 20:6  "and I will add fifteen years to your life.  I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria, and I will defend this city for my own sake and for my servant David's sake".

Observation:

Hezekiah had received word from Isaiah the prophet that he was to prepare his stuff and get his house in order because he was going to die.  King Hezekiah turned to the wall and began crying out to God.  When he did, the Lord added fifteen years to his life, even though the Lord had already decreed his imminent death.

Application:

God does change His mind when people pray and seek His face.  Hezekiah sought the Lord and had fifteen years added to his life.  God gave him what he was seeking.  We need to ask, and keep on asking, seek and keep on seeking, and knock and keep on knocking.  God does answer!

Prayer:

Father, help me to pray and not give up.  Help me to believe you and trust you at a greater level than I have in the past.  Extend my life and ministry and cause it to be effective for You and Your kingdom.  Prosper the work of my hands and let it see great increase.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment