Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Hearing God's Voice

Scripture:

II Kings 6:12  "And one of his servants said, 'None, my lord, O king; but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom'".

Observation:

It seemed Israel knew everything Syria was going to do and where they were going to attack next.  The king of Syria became very suspicious that one of his people was telling his plans to Israel.  He wanted to know who was telling the king of Israel his plans.  One of his servants told him that Elisha the prophet was telling the king what was being spoken.

Application:

I want to hear the voice of the Lord clearly and to give warning about what is to come.  If God could let Elisha hear what was being spoken in the enemy's camp, then God can speak clearly to us about what is to come in our nation.  We need to seek God until we hear His words about our situations and gives us strategies to conquer.  It comes through more time in His presence.  He hasn't changed, His people have.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear what You are speaking to my country. Draw me nearer and nearer to You and let my heart long after You more each day.  I want to know You and Your plans for the world.  I want to hear Your voice more clearly.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment