Thursday, June 29, 2017

What Do You Do With Fear?

Scripture:

II Chronicles 20:3  "Then Jehoshaphat was afraid and set his face to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah."

Observation:

Jehoshaphat was afraid, but in his fear, he didn't cower and run away, he faced his fear by setting his heart to seek the Lord and by calling a fast.  His fear didn't stop him, it just caused him to seek the Lord more.

Application:

Instead of allowing fear to freeze us and make us back away, we must allow fear to cause us to run to the Lord and seek His face.  The natural reaction when we are afraid is to run the other way.  Instead of running when we are afraid, we need to run to God, who will give us the strength we need to do what He wants us to do.  Faith refuses to let fear win in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, let me not be controlled by fear in any way, but let me determine to seek You through my fear.  Help me to follow You completely and not give in to fear.  Help me to be bold for You and in facing the challenges of life.  This morning I set my face to seek You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment