Friday, June 16, 2017

More Honorable

Scripture:

I Chronicles 4:9  "Jabez was more honorable than his brothers; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, 'Because I bore him in pain'".

Observation:

Jabez was seen in scripture as one who was more honorable than his brothers.  His mother had born him in pain and called him Jabez as a reminder of her pain.  He could have had great excuses for terrible behavior, but Jabez was more honorable than that.  His very name reminded his mom of her pain, but instead of becoming bitter about that, he became honorable.

Application:

No matter where we come from or what our parents said about us or did to us, we cannot make excuses.  We must rise above and live honorable lives like Jabez.  We must realize that our past doesn't determine our future, but we have a choice to become bitter or better as people.  May our lives be more honorable than those around us, no matter where we started.

Prayer:

Lord, help me not to make excuses for why I am like I am, but to become more honorable in every way.  Teach me to live a life that honors You first and foremost.  I want to bring Your honor and not shame.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment