Friday, June 30, 2017

Right Actions, Wrong Heart

Scripture:

II Chronicles 25:2  "And he did that which was right in the eyes of the Jehovah, but not with a perfect heart".

Observation:

Amaziah is described here as someone who did right in the eyes of the Lord, but not with a perfect heart.  God said here that his obedience was good, but God was also looking at his heart and intentions.

Application:

God is not only interested in what we do, but is why we do what we do.  God is interested in the heart that makes the life choices we make.  Obedience with the wrong heart, isn't pure obedience.  We need to have a heart check to make sure, even if we are doing the right thing, that we are doing it with a right heart.  The heart really does matter.

Prayer:

Father, give me a pure heart that follow You completely.  Let my actions be backed up with the right heart and intentions.  Examine my life and show me where I am doing the right things, but with the wrong heart.  Purify my life.  I want more  of You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment