Monday, June 12, 2017

Beholding His Glory

Scripture:

II Corinthians 3:18  "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another.  For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit".

Observation:

Paul tells us here about the glory of the New Covenant being so much greater than the Old Covenant.  He tells us that Moses had to put a veil over his face because of the glory that was on him, yet he says that we have unveiled faces in the New Covenant and can behold the glory of the Lord.  We are transformed when we behold His glory.

Application:

We are transformed into the likeness of Christ from glory to glory as we behold the glory of the Lord.  We go through degrees of glory according to this verse as we behold the glory of God.  We need to spend time beholding His glory and allowing our lives to be transformed into His likeness through the degrees of glory.  We must spend time in His presence.

Prayer:

Father, let me gaze upon Your glory and let my life be transformed.  I want to see You high and lifted up.  I want to walk in perfect unity with You.  Teach me the way as I seek You and your glory.  I want to live a life of unveiled glory in greater measure continually.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment