Friday, June 23, 2017

Rejoicing in Giving

Scripture:

I Chronicles 29:9  "Then the people rejoiced because they had given willingly, for with a whole heart they had offered freely to the Lord.  David the king also rejoiced greatly".

Observation:

David had given a huge amount personally to the building of the temple and then began gathering from the people for the project.  They also gave sacrificially to building a temple for the Lord their God.  They were excited to give toward this project and freely offered themselves and their resources.

Application:

Sometimes "freewill" offering don't quite feel like they are from a free will.  Generosity is part of who we are as Christians.  It is a great feeling to give strongly to a great cause and to see our money at work.  We should give to the Lord out of an abundance of joy instead of grudgingly.  He has blessed us over and over again.  May we have joy in giving back to Him for His causes in the earth.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to be a cheerful giver.  I want to bless You with my tithes and my offerings and with my life.  Help me to be a generous person who thrives on blessing others.  Thank You for teaching me through the years about the joy of generosity.  Enable me to give at a greater level.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment