Thursday, June 15, 2017

Troubler

Scripture:

I Chronicles 2:7  "The son of Carmi: Achan, the troubler of Israel, who broke faith in the matter of the devoted thing".

Observation:

Achan went down in history as the troubler of Israel because of his decision to disobey God and hide some forbidden things in his tent.  This caused Israel to lose a battle they could have easily won, but a choice of disobedience cost all of them a loss.

Application:

Will we be remembered as a trouble-maker or an obedient son?  Will we be remembered because of the great things we did for the Lord or for the mess ups and mistakes we made?  Even if we have made mistakes already, we have the opportunity to redeem our name and leave a legacy.  We must determine to leave a good name and legacy instead of being known for our mistakes,

Prayer:

Father, I don't want to be remembered as one who brought trouble, but as one who advanced Your cause and Kingdom throughout the earth.  Help me to live out my days in obedience to You and fulfilling Your will in my life.  Teach me to walk with You closer every day.

Yours,
Jeff

1 comment: