Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Knowing God

Scripture:

I Chronicles 21:13  "Then David said to Gad, 'I am in great distress.  Let me fall into the hand of the Lord, for his mercy is very great, but do not let me fall into the hand of men'".

Observation:

David had three choices for his consequences for numbering the men of Israel and Judah.  One of them was God bringing judgment upon them, the others dealt with them falling into man's hands.  David chose the judgment of God because he knew that God was full of mercy and that God would turn away from destroying His people.

Application:

Do we know God good enough to make this type decision.  David knew if he threw himself on the mercy of God, that God lighten the punishment and not destroy them.  When you know God, you can make decisions based on His unfailing love.  We must seek to really know God, then we will have peace because of His characteristics.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You more and more.  I want to walk with you and hear Your voice clearly.  I want to know what You would do in each and every situation.  I want insight into Your ways.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment