Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Speaking Blessing

Scripture:

Numbers 6:27 "Whenever Aaron and his sons bless the people of Israel in my name, I myself will bless them".

Observation:

God had just spoken to Moses and told them to bless the people with this special blessing, "May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord mile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace". The Lord then says that whenever Aaron and his sons speak this blessing, the Lord would bless them himself. They are basically told to speak blessing and God would bring it pass.

Application:

Our words are powerful and God uses them to bless or curse. The power of death and life are in our tongues. As a kingdom of priests, when we speak blessing, God enforces our blessing. God will back up the words of his children. I believe there is a very real release when we speak blessing over people. Jesus told us to bless even our enemies. We need to allow our tongues to be fountains of blessings.

Prayer:

Lord, let my mouth bring you glory and bring about the blessing of your people. Teach me deeper the power of the spoken blessing. Show me how to implement it in my life. I want those around me to be blessed. I give you my tongue and ask you to fill it with your words. Let it be used to bring about your good and perfect will.

Thanks for Speaking to Me,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment