Thursday, April 29, 2010

Angels

Scripture:

Matthew 2:19 "When Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in an dream to Joseph in Egypt".

Observation:

During the time of Jesus and the book of Acts it appears to have been very normal for people to see angels. There were many angels involved in the birth of Jesus. Angels are messengers of God who bring messages to people. It seems like it was a normal occurance, oh, by the way, an angel spoke to me today.

Application:

I don't believe angelic messages have stopped. I believe that angels still bring messages to God's people. When we are truly seeking God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, we will find that angelic visitations will increase. From reading the Gospels and Acts, it seems that angelic visitations should be normal for Christians. Why doesn't it happen as much today? Why do we not get messages from angels of the Lord as much today?

Prayer:

Lord, it is evident that you often spoke to Your people through angels in the New and Old Testaments. The message was always clear and there was no doubt about what they had seen or spoken to. Thanks for the few times I know I have seen angels, but I want to be in a place, and I desire the body of Christ to be in a place where we see increased angelic activity. Increase it here in northern VA. Some people need to be shaken up in their walk with you and an angelic visitation may just do the job. I love Your Lord. Speak to me more and more.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment