Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Refuge

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 33:27 "The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you. He drives out the enemy before you; he cries out, 'Destroy them!'"

Observation:

Moses had been blessing the tribes of Israel just before his death and at the end of the blessings, he breaks out in some praise of the Most High God. He shares with them some of the attributes of our God. He focuses on the eternal aspect of God by saying he is eternal and talking about His everlasting arms. He tells them to take refuge in the Lord and that He will drive out their enemies.

Application:

Taking refuge means to find a safe place that can be trusted to hide and take shelter in. When you focus on the eternal aspect of God, it becomes easier to take refuge in Him. Nothing has defeated Him since the eternal past, therefore, I believe He can take care of my battles. It says of the Lord that He will drive out the enemy before us. Many times we try to drive out enemies without doing it His way. We must learn to live and let God do our fighting. He always prevails!

Prayer:

Show me dear Lord, how to take refuge in You. When the enemy attacks, let my faith be strong. You are eternal and have protected Your children for thousands of years. Help me understand that You know what you are doing. I ask you this morning to help me stay focused on You. Give me words to speak to Your people today that are straight from Your throne.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment