Monday, April 5, 2010

A Kingdom of Priests

Scripture:

Numbers 3:41 "The Levites must be reserved for me as substitutes for the firstborn sons of Israel; I am the Lord, and the Levites' livestock must be reserved for Me as substitutes for the firstborn livestock of the whole nation of Israel".

Observation:

The Levites, or priestly tribe, were to be separated from the rest and were to serve as substitutes for the firstborn of Israel. Throughout time, God has searched for and desired a people who would be completely His because He wants to be their God and for them to be His people. The Levites were set apart to serve only the Lord and to take care of everything that has to do with worship and serving the Lord.

Application:

Under the New Covenant we are called a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. Through Jesus, what God had always desired has become possible. We are to be a kingdom of priests who walk with the Lord and are set apart for Him alone. He wants to be our God and wants us to be completely His. He wants us to be separated for His purposes and not our own. We must learn to focus on Him ad His will for our lives instead of living selfishly and doing only what we want to do or what feels good to us. We are to be a kingdom of priests who completely belong to the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, separate my life for your purposes. I want to live to fulfill Your will and not my own. I want to build Your kingdom and advance Your cause. Help me to serve as a priest for my generation. I want to more fully focus on You in my life. Teach me to organize my life that I may have more time to spend with You. Help me to re-prioritize my life that I may have time to spend as priest in Your kingdom.

Yours Completely,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment