Thursday, April 8, 2010

The One I Trust

Scripture:

Numbers 12:8 "But not with my servant Moses. Of all my house, he is the one I trust. I speak to him face to face, clearly, and not in riddles! He sees the Lord as He is. So why were you not afraid to criticize my servant Moses?"

Observation:

Aaron and Miriam began to criticize Moses because he had married a Cushite woman. They began to question his leadership and feel as though they were equals with him. God called all three of them to the Tabernacle and Miriam was struck with leprosy. As God is speaking to them about their disrespect for Moses, He says of Moses, "This is the one I trust". God goes on the say that He could talk to Moses face to face.

Application:

When God trusts you, He knows He can reveal Himself in greater ways to you. Moses was the most humble man in the entire earth, yet was a leader of leaders. Because of his humility, God knew he could trust Moses. As we grow in humility and obedience, God begins to trust us more. As He grows in trusting us, He will reveal Himself further to us. This morning I hear the Lord saying, "Can I trust you?" I believe God wants to do great things in the earth today, but is looking for people He can trust fully.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be a trustworthy son. I want to know you like Moses knew You. I want to talk with You face to face. I want to hear Your voice clearly. Help me to walk in humility and obedience that You may trust me more. I want to be fully obedient to You in every area of my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment