Monday, April 12, 2010

Don't Sell Your Tongue

Scripture:

Numbers 22:38 "Look, now I have come, but I have no power to say whatever I want. I will speak only the message that God puts in my mouth".

Observation:

Balak was trying to buy out Balaam by giving him money to curse Israel because he knew that whatever Balaam cursed would be cursed and whatever he blessed would be blessed. He knew Balaam was a man of God and that God would answer his prayer. What he didn't realize was that Balaam's tongue belonged to God and he wouldn't say anything that the Lord didn't tell him to say. When it came time to curse Israel, he couldnot curse what God had blessed. Balaam says, "I have no power to say whatever I want. I will speak on the message that God puts in my mouth".

Application:

We need to be careful with our words. Many times we say things that God wouldn't say because we are in a certain predicament. Maybe we don't want to hurt someone's feelings. Many times we water down what we feel God is wanting to say because it seems too hard. James said the hardest part of the human body to tame is the tongue. We need to bring our tongues to the Lord and sanctify them. We need to say only what God is saying and what He puts in our hearts. As a minister of the Gospel I must say only what God is saying and all of what God is saying.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to speak only what You are saying and all of what You are saying. Help me not to be influenced by the opinions of man, but by the conviction of the Holy Spirit working in my life. I consecrate my tongue, let it be something You can use for Your glory. I ask You to keep it speaking what You want spoken. Help me not to add to or take away from what You want to say to Your people. Lead me Holy Spirit.

I Love You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment