Friday, April 23, 2010

He Will Give You The Vicotory

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 20:4 "For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory".

Observation:

God is speaking here to the people of Israel and He is telling them how to live when they enter the promised land. He is giving them a long list of laws, rules and regulations that they are to live by when they enter their own special land. When Israel went to battle, they were not like the others nations around them. The God of Israel would get involved in the battle and cause them to win if they were walking according to His ways. As long as they were living right, He would fight their battles. Surrounding nations were actually afraid because they recognized that Israel's fighting was supernatural ad they received supernatuaral help.

Application:

We must always remember that Jesus said "Lo I am with you always even to the end of the age". When God is with us, we can face any obstacle and win every battle. If God is for us, who can be against us? When the peopel of Israel would wholly follow the Lord, they would never lose, when they would partially follow the Lord, they would beginlosing battles. We must be people who wholly follow the Lord. When we do, we have nothig to worry about. He takes care of His own and will defend them.

Prayer:

Lord, thanks for showing me this verse today. I needed it! Thank you for speaking to me about walking with you and seeing you conquer every enemy. I love you and will serve you with all my heart. Fight my battle and bring me into the land you have prepared for me!

I love you,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment