Saturday, April 17, 2010

Don't Be Afraid or Discouraged

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 1:21 "Look! He has placed the land in front of you. Go and occupy it as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, has promised you. Don't be afraid! Don't be discrouaged!"

Observation:

Moses had brough the people of Israel out of Egypt. The Lord wanted him to go directly into the promised land and Moses was ready to go. Then the people said, "let's send spies in to look at the land". Moses felt this was a good idea and went with the flow. The spies came back with negative reports except Joshua and Caleb. The people got into an uproar instead of trusting God and God ended up punishing them by making them stay in the wilderness for 40 years. Onyl Joshua and Caleb got to remain alive to actually move into the Promised land.

Application:

When God gives you an open door, it will almost always seem impossible. Your flesh and rationalization will talk you out of going after it. God always asks us to do things that are beyond our abilities, this keeps us trusting in Him. When He gives us something to do that looks impossible, we should know we are right where He wants us. We must hear the words of this verse, "Don't be afraid! Don't be discouraged!" We can't let our courage leave us when difficulties come. If God said to do it, you can do it!

Prayer:

Lord, help me accomplish all You have given me in this life. Teach me not to rely on my own mind to figure out if I can do something or not. Teach me to rely completely on You and Your word. Help me not to be afraid or discouraged. I want to complete every assignment You give me on time and with Your power being displayed for all to see.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment