Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Levites

Scripture:

Deteronomy 10:8 "At that time the Lord set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the Lord's Covenant, and to stand before the Lord as his ministers, and to pronounce blessings in His name. These are their duties to this day".

Observation:

Moses is recounting what God had done on behalf of Israel. How he brought them out of Egypt and gave them the Covenant in the wilderness. In this section, there is the job description of the tribe of Levi. He says they are to stand before the Lord as his ministers and to pronounce blessings in his name.

Application:

What a job description! The Levites were to stand before teh Lord and speak blessings in his name. Many times in ministry, I am pulled in so many directions and feel so busy with what has to be done, that it can be easy to take a little less time in the presence of the Lord because there are tasks that need finished. The priest was to stand before the Lord and pronounce blessings! The priest was to minister first and foremost to the Lord. Sometimes we get so caught up in ministering for the Lord, we forget to minister to the Lord. The speaking of blessings in the presence of the Lord is probably more powerful than spending hours counseling people in conflict.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me the power of time in Your presence. Help me to push aside all of the things that need to get done and seek your face. I want to spend time with you. Teach me to discipline my life to be able to get more accomplished in less time so that I don't neglect the most important thing I do which is spend time with You. Help me with my priorities! I need you to grow me in this area. I love being in your presence and speaking blessings more and anything else, but need to do it more.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment