Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Carrying Out God's Commands

Scripture:

Numbers 8:22 "So they carried out all the commands that the Lord gave Moses concerning the Levites".

Observation:

Moses had been with the Lord and was continually speaking with the Lord. Everyone else was afraid to. They loved and respected the Lord so much that they were content to let Moses speak to Him and let him tell them what was said. They not only heard what was said, but carried out everything God spoke to them through Moses. It says here that they carried out all the commands.

Application:

The word "all" is a really powerful word because it is all-inclusive. It means that nothing was left undone of all the Lord had spoken to Moses. Many times in my Christian life I have felt the Lord speak to me about something that needed done. I can't say that "all" have been accomplished. I want to move from fulfilling "some" of what God has spoken to my heart to fulfilling "all" that God has spoken to my heart. I also see here that Moses would speak to God, and the people would do all that was told them. This is a picture of trusting your leader. They had to fully and completely trust Moses that what he was saying is what God told him in the tabernacle. Leadership really is trust!

Prayer:

Lord, help me to accomplish "all" that you have put into my heart. I don't want to leave one thing undone of all you have put into my trust. Sometimes I make excuses about not having time, help or money enough to do all You have given me. Help me to overcome this and give me faith to believe what You want done, You will pay for. Teach me to walk more and more by faith.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment