Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Additional Offerings

Scripture:

Numbers 29:39 "You must present these offerings to the Lord at your annual festivals. These are in addition to the sacrifices and offerings you present in connection with vows, or as voluntary offerings, burnt offerings, grain offerings, liquid offerings, or peace offerings".

Observation:

God required certain offerings and sacrifices every day in Israel. Periodically, during special events and special festivals, additional offerings were required. These were in addition to the regular offerings that needed to be offered every day. It seems like a lot of offerings and sacrifices just for their regular days, then periodically they would have to offer far over and above their regular in honor of the Lord.

Application:

God likes it when His people give over and above their normal. He is honored when we live by faith and give something extra periodically. In the Old Testament it was Law, in the New Covenant it is the spirit of the Law. We are not "required" to give over and above at certain festivals each year, but the spirit of the Law says that God would be honored if we periodically gave over and above our regular offerings and sacrifices to honor the Lord. As we give sacrificially to the Lord, He is honored and finds ways to bring His blessing into our lives. You cannot outgive God!

Prayer:

Thank you Lord for speaking to me about my missions faith promise this morning. I will increase it. I want to give liberally to You and Your kingdom. Give me the faith to give abundantly and trust You to take care of me. I want to be a hilarious giver. I ask you to bless my life financially, that I may be a blessing more and more to You kingdom. I will give additional offerings to advance Your kingdom throughout the earth. Take care of my family's needs as we sow into Your kingdom.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment