Monday, April 26, 2010

Choices

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 30:15 "Now Listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster".

Observation:

Moses is speaking to to God's people about entering the Promised Land. He tells them going in that if they will wholeheartedly follow the Lord, that they will be blessed incredibly. If they obey His statutes, they will live and He will raise them up to see his blessings. He also says that if they don't follow Him and His ways, that they will be cursed. Moses is nearing the end of his plea for righteous living and tells them they have a choice between death and life, prosperity and disaster.

Application:

God always gives us options, but the choice is up to us. He always tells us how much He wants to bless us and prosper us, but then says we have a choice. Out choices determine our destiny. if we choose life and make godly choices, we will live. If we choose ways other than God's ways, we will walk in death and disaster. The choice is ours, will we choose life? Every choice has consequences and we know you will reap what you sow. In every choice, choose life! Choose to wholly follow the Lord! He will bless us for it.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to follow You completely and see You blessing in my life and family. I believe you so honor those who diligently follow You and that we have a choice in that. I make my choice to serve You with all my heart. I choose life in all of my decisions. Help me to stay the course and finish with excellence.

I love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment