Thursday, September 17, 2009

You Saw Me!

Scripture:

Psalm 139:16 "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed".

Observation:

God knows every detail of our lives before we are ever born. The days of our lives were recorded in His book before we were ever even thought of. What an incredible thought! He knew how many times I would mess things up, yet He chose to love me and accept me. He knew when I would get off track, yet He demonstrates His love to me constantly. Every day of my life was recorded before birth.

Application:

This scripture lets me know that God already knows my days before they come. He knows what I will do, where I will go and who I will talk to. He ordains our steps and knows our hearts. He saw us before we were born. Because of this, I can trust my God more every day. He knows me, yet He loves me is the mystery of the ages. When I stress out about what is going on in my life I can take refuge in the fact that God knows and won't allow more to be put on me than I can handle. He knows what we can handle better than we do. If we really believe this, we can truly rest in Him.

Prayer:

Lord, You knew me, yet You loved me enough to give Your very best for me. You will never cease to amaze me! You knew where I would be today, who I would talk to today, and what would happen in my life today. You also know my tomorrow and the next day. They are already recorded in You book. Help me not to stress out, but to trust that You know what you are doing and will not allow me to endure more than I can bear. Thank you for your incredible love, mercy and grace,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment