Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Strength

Scripture:

Psalm 118:14 "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation".

Observation:

Strength and salvation are from no other place except the Lord. As believers, our strength doesn't come from who we know, how educated we are or our position in this world; it comes from knowing our Lord and placing our trust in Him. He wants to be our strength, song and salvation, but we must come to Him for that.

Application:

I feel like God is saying the He wants to be the source of my strength and my song. He wants to be my salvation. Sometimes I attempt things, even good and godly things in my own strength. The Lord is saying to me to trust him more and allow Him to be my strength and song. You can't force yourself to have a song in your heart. It is either there, or it is not. You can set the platform for it to be there though. You can express your love tot he Lord through song, and it will begin to be your song throughout the day. God wants to be your song and he wants to give you a song every day. When there is a song in your heart, your day goes so much better. Let the Lord put a song in your heart today.

Prayer:

Here I am again Lord asking You to help me trust you more. You are my strength and song. Help me trust you more today than I did yesterday. Help me confront the things in my life that I am doing in my own strength and learn to trust You more.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment