Friday, September 4, 2009

God's Timing

Scripture:

Psalm 105:19 "Until the time came to fulfill his dreams, the Lord tested Joseph's character".

Observation:

Joseph went through many trials over about 17 years after he had some dreams about his future. He had great dreams, then went through some really terrible circumstances. Eventually, his dreams came to pass. Here, the Word tells us there was a time set for his dreams to come true and until then, the Lord tested his character.

Application:

God gives us dreams and visions about our future. The Holy Spirit was sent to "show us things to come". Sometimes when we don't see the vision or dreams come as fast as we would like, we get frustrated and ready to give up. Joseph ended up being second in charge of the most powerful nation on the earth at the time. He went through much on his way to his dream, but the dream came to pass. On the way to your dream, don't fail the character test. I believe many people fail to see their dreams come to pass because they fail the character test on the way. The greater the ministry or plan God has for your life, the greater the testing time. God wants to know you can handle and appreciate the blessing before He gives it to you. Don't resist the test, be faithful and the Lord will raise you up at the right time.

Prayer:

Lord, I know You gave me dreams and visions for ministry and what we would do here and around the world but sometimes I get frustrated because things are not moving along as quickly as I think they should. I feel like I am failing the test of patience and endurance. I know I am right where You want me to be, but get frustrated because things are not progressing fast enough. Give me the strength to pass every test and walk into the destiny I know You have for me. I have seen the visions and dreams, now help me endure the tests on the way there.

I Love You Lord,
Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment