Friday, September 25, 2009

A Way Out

Scripture:

I Corinthians 10:13 "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure".

Observation:

I hear people all the time making excuses for their sin. "Well this is just my little hang up", "I can't seem to get victory over this one area of my life" and "God must think it's okay because He hasn't delivered me from it yet". In this verse Paul clearly tells us that no temptation will be more than we can stand because God will give us a way out. This eliminates all excuses! God wants us to endure and always gives us a way out of every situation, it is then our choice to follow the way out or give in to the temptation. No more, "well, I just always fall in that area". God always gives a way out, we must decide to take it.

Application:

If God gives us a way out of temptation, we must take it every time. We must stop making excuses for our sin and begin overcoming the temptations and walking in victory in our lives. This verse promises us that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can handle. It is now our job to walk away and not make excuses.

Prayer:

Lord, I pray that you will give strength to those who need it. I pray that your people would stop taking the easy way and start taking the way out you have provided. You are amazing and I am tired of seeing your people living so far below the level you have called us to. Empower the church to live godly in this world, to reach their neighbors, and to defeat temptation in every area of life. Give your people the heart of a conqueror!

I love you,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment