Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dominion on the Earth

Scripture:

Psalm 115:16 "The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth He has given to man".

Observation:

The Psalmist gives us a little couplet here that is actually a very profound statement with much theological implication. The highest heavens belong to God, but He has placed us here on earth to rule and have dominion on the earth. When God created Adam and Eve, He placed them in the Garden of Eden and gave them dominion on the earth over every other thing here. When man sinned, he was separated from God and lost his place of dominion. When Jesus died and rose again, he re-established man's place of dominion on the earth by conquering death, hell and the grave.

Application:

This scripture tells me that God has given the earth, and dominion over it to man. If that is the case, then we have given way too much control to the enemy. He is occupying territory that doesn't belong to him. As the body of Christ, we must take back the territory that has been taken away from us. Now is the time for us to realize our authority in Christ and walk by faith accordingly. We have authority and resources we are not using. God has given us so much more than what we are settling for.

Prayer:

Lord, thank You for showing me again the place of authority You have given man. You have delegated authority on earth to us and we have not stepped up to the plate and used it. Forgive me for not taking the authority You died to give me on the earth. Lord, my church needs land to build on, and You have given the earth to us. I ask You to give us the 10 acres You put in my heart for us to build on. I also take dominion of my family's finances. You died ans resurrected to give us authority in these realms and this morning I take back my place. Teach me to prosper and every area of life.

I Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment