Saturday, September 5, 2009

Living A Steadfast Life of Blessing

Scripture:

Psalm 107:19 "Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble; He saved them out of their distresses".

Observation:

Psalm 107 tells the story of the people of Israel and how they continually walked away from God and went to other gods, did not listen to Him, and refused His ways. They would end up in trouble and "Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble; He saved them out of their distresses". Over and over they would mess up, walk away from the Lord and bad things would happen, then they would cry out and He would rescue them.

Application:

I want to live the kind of life that I don't have to keep running to God to get me out of the messes I have made in my disobedience. I want to live a life of blessing and favor and get off the roller coaster of life. I want to live a steadfast life of obedience and joy. When Israel would walk away, they would pay for it, but they never seemed to learn their lesson. In their distress, they would come back to the Lord and He would forgive them. I want to be a person who lives in the blessing of My Father and doesn't have to keep coming back asking forgiveness.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live a steadfast and immovable life of blessing and obedience. I don't want to be on the roller coaster of ups and downs, blessings and cursings. I want to live a life that continually grows closer to You. Help me to walk strong every day through the power of Your Holy Spirit. I want to live a life that will make the world jealous. Help me never walk away and do things that are outside of Your will.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment