Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unfailing Love

Scripture:

Psalm 100:5 "For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation".

Observation:

God is an incredibly loving and faithful God. There is no god who can compare to Him. His love is "unfailing". Human love fails often. We let down the people we love and leave them hurt, but God's love never fails. His faithfulness doesn't last for a month, a year, or even a decade, it continues to each generation.

Application:

As God works in my life, I should become more like Him. If He is good, I need to be good. If He has unfailing love, I should endeavor to demonstrate love unfailing. If He is faithful to each generation, I need to be someone who demonstrates faithfulness. We should desire to be more like our father every day. Our father is amazing in His love, goodness and faithfulness. He loved us while we were yet sinners. He believes in us when others have given up long ago. Goodness, love and faithfulness are fruit of the Spirit. When God is truly working in our hearts, we should begin to produce these things. I want to live a life where people see the goodness, love and faithfulness of my father.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be more like You. I want Your Spirit in me at greater dimensions that I may become more like You. Your characteristics of goodness, love and faithfulness, I want in my life and I want to demonstrate to the world. Live through me. Love through me. Work on me until I can be a good representative of You on the earth. I know there are times when I make You look bad and I don't want that to happen any more. I want people to see my life and bring You glory.

I love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment