Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Harmony

Scripture:

Psalm 133:2 "For harmony is as precious as the anointing oil that was poured over Aaron's head, that ran down his beard and onto the border of his robe".

Observation:

Harmony, or unity as others translate this verse, is crucial to walking in the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Harmony is precious and needs to be sought after as fine gold. Harmony doesn't mean that everybody has identical voices, it just means they are all singing the same thing in different pitches. They are all on key, but their voices don't sound alike. Conformity is not as important to harmony as togetherness is.

Application:

We can all be different, yet when harmony takes place, we can make a great sound together. This sound is precious and valuable. Everybody doesn't have to be the same and see things the same way to be in harmony. We can be different, but have the same vision and direction. When the church of Jesus Christ is able to come together as one, we will see an incredible increase of the anointing of the Holy Spirit. God is waiting for His church to be unified. We see it rising and churches working together more now than ever, but we have a long way to go. Be a person who puts aside small differences for the greater good of harmony.

Prayer:

Lord, let me be a unifier in life. I want to walk in the anointing and have the flow of the Holy Spirit at work in me continually. Show me how better to bring harmony to those around me. You have placed me here in Ashburn, VA for a purpose and part of that is to bring unity and harmony in the body of Christ. Show me the way and I will walk in it.

I love you Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment