Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 146:8 "The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly".

Observation:

The Psalmist is speaking of the greatness of God when he come to this passage. He says the Lord opens the eyes of the blind. He causes those who couldn't see, to be able to see. He really does lift up those who are weighed down and He loves to the godly.

Application:

If God is able to cause the blind to see, then there is nothing too difficult for Him. If we can put our trust in a god who is all-powerful, then we will begin to live our lives differently. We will not be weighed down as much because we will truly believe that He will lift us up. If we believe He loves the godly, then we will know we are loved and not continue in feelings of rejection by God and others. We must put our complete faith and trust in our God, or His great power is not going to work in our lives. If you are down, He WILL lift you up. Get up! In Jesus Name!

Prayer:

Lord, I love you and put my trust in You again. You are the lifter of my head. I know you love me, help me to be confident in that love. I know you will lift me up, help me be confident in that. I know you open the eyes of the blind, help me trust that you will open the eyes of the blind in those who don't believe in you. You are my confidence and I trust you more every day.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment