Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Knowing His Voice

Scripture:

“And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had just spoken about being the gate that allows people into and out of the sheep fold.  He then begins to speak of the shepherd of the sheep.  He said that a thief or robber goes over the fence, but the shepherd comes through the gate and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.  Sheep know the voice of their shepherd.

Application:

As we walk through some pretty difficult times right now, we need to be tuned into the shepherd like never before.  The shepherd doesn’t “hope” the sheep know his voice, he “knows” they know his voice.  The only way to know the voice of the shepherd during these trying days is to walk close to Him.  The more you are with the shepherd, the more you recognize his voice.  I never have to say who I am when I answer the phone because I have a very distinct voice and people recognize it.  I need to be tuned into the voice of God so I recognize next steps and things I need to be doing right now.

Prayer:

Lord, more than anything, I want to know Your voice.  I want to be led by Your Spirit and walk according to Your will.  Show me every step to take and open my ears to hear You more clearly.  Speak to me.  I long to know Your voice and to hear it with clarity.  Speak to me and I will follow.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment