Saturday, April 4, 2020

Believe

Scripture:

“Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭20:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

After Jesus had resurrected, He appeared to His disciples, but Thomas wasn’t there.  He struggled to believe that Jesus had truly risen from the dead.  The second time Jesus appeared to them, He encountered Thomas and told him to look at Hands and to place His hand into His side.  When He had done this, He said, “Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”  Jesus went out of His way to cause Thomas to believe and trust Him.  he wanted Thomas to know that the resurrection was real.

Application:

In our church we say that we want people to encounter Christ, engage in growth and extend God’s kingdom.  God doesn’t mind us having a desire to encounter Him.  He went out of His way to make sure Thomas had an encounter with the risen Christ and today I believe we need to have an encounter with Christ as well.  He wants us to be believing, not unbelieving.  We must learn to be “believers” that God will do what He says He will do.  After 3-1/2 years of walking with Christ personally, Thomas needed his faith strengthened to believe, we need ours strengthened periodically as well. I want to fully believe and have no unbelief in anything Christ told us.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to believe.  Let me encounter You more and more.  I believe You and Your word, but sometimes my faith is weak.  Increase my faith and help me to believe You and stand on Your word more every day.  I ask you to confirm Your word with signs following so that the Thomas’ out there can believe as well.  Arise O Lord and demonstrate Your power in my generation.  Stop this Coronavirus and heal Your people.

Completely Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment