Tuesday, October 1, 2024

God’s Not Stuck in a Rut

 Scripture:

“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43‬:‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Lord spoke through Isaiah and said He was about to do something new. He said He had already started. He said He was making a pathway in the wilderness and rivers in the dry wasteland. I other words, the Lord can do things we can’t even imagine and He doesn’t have to do what He has already done to accomplish it. He has resources we can’t comprehend. This also reminds me of the creativity of God. He’s not stuck in a rut. He does new things!

Application:

Sometimes we like to sit back and look at what the Lord has done in the past. It is marvelous what He has done in the past, but we can’t live there. God is always active and moving. He is always doing a new thing. He does things we cannot even imagine and wants us to partner with Him in it. We must believe in the greatness of our God. He is able to bring water out of rocks. He is able to split open seas and rivers. He can do what we cannot imagine. I need to stop looking for God to do what He has done in the past and realize He can always do something new. God is creative and will do things in our lives He has never done before.  We need to be open to Him working in and through us in this manner as well.

Prayer:

Lord, You are the God of the new thing! You always amaze me with Your creativity. You have blessed my life this year like never before and it has come through people I would have never thought. Help me not to put You in a box! Teach me to trust You more and to realize that the things I have witnessed You provide and do, are not normal. You continually do a new thing and work in ways I didn’t see coming. Help me to trust You more in these things.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment